If the person you are caring for is over 18 and assessed as needing personal care services they can apply for the cash in order to purchase their own services.
The Employment Relations Act of 1999 gives Carers the legal right to have a reasonable amount of time off work to facilitate caring.
If you are entitled to Carers Allowance your National Insurance contributions will be automatically credited to you.

Independent Living (Norfolk)
Contact: Mary Fisher
Support Network Project Officer
15 Manor Farm Barns
Fox Road
Framingham Pigot
Norwich NR14 7PZ
Tel: 01508 491222
Fax: 01508 491223
website: www.ncodp.org.uk
email: iln@ncodp.org.uk

Direct Payments