If you are an unpaid Carer then you or the person you care for may be entitled to claim various benefits. The following organisations can tell you about the financial support you may be able to get for yourself and the person you care for.

Jobcentre Plus – is for people of working age and manages benefits such as: Incapacity Benefit, Income Support, and Social Fund. For more information call the Contact Centre on 0800 055 6688.

Pension Service – deals with claims for state pension, Pension Credit and Bereavement Benefit (over pension age).
Carers can contact the Pension Service Enquiry Line on 0845 60 60 265, or if you would prefer a home visit this can be arranged where necessary. For dates and times of local drop-in sessions contact the enquiry line above.

Council Information Centres provide information on Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit. The information officers can help you fill in forms and refer you to other appropriate organisations (click here for a list of phone numbers).

There are also independent organisations that can help you, or the person you care for, to claim.

Citizen’s Advice Bureau (CAB) offers a range of services including benefit checks. For more information contact your local CAB (click here for a list of phone numbers).

Age Concern Norfolk provides a home visiting service to help with claims for benefits including Attendance Allowance and Carer’s Allowance.
For more information contact them on 01603 787111.

Age Concern Norwich also has a home visiting service.
Contact them on 01603 496333.